Your Online School
- New Newsletter!: Check out our latest newsletter!
- Internet Access for NCDES Students in Terrace!: NCDES is pleased to announce a new partnership with...(Click for more)
- Registration: Parents must contact the K-9 teachers to complete the Student Learning Plan and appli...(Click for more)
- DL Satisfaction Surveys: Please complete the 2013-14 Satisfaction Survey. These surveys provide us ...(Click for more)
- Parent Advisory Council: The North Coast Distance Education School Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is...(Click for more)
(Through Rosetta Stone)
Teacher: Ms. Susan Rusch
Summary and DescriptionThis course is based on the BC Core French Integrated Resource Package and complies with BC curriculum requirements.
NCDES Rosetta Stone Classroom available at no cost through the school for qualified students.
This course requires a USB headset. The quality of headsets varies, therefore a headset is available from the school upon request. This headset is known to work well with Rosetta Stone.
The course is organized by the building of vocabulary, syntax and grammer for French Oral communication. Within the progression of the course there are several themes consistent with the BC Curriculum.
- Step 1: The student will aquire French Language through the Rosetta Stone Language Learning System. Rosetta Stone is a "mastery learning" approach.
- Step 2: The student will demonstrate to the teacher, outside of Rosetta Stone that they are able to.
- Demonstrate the ability to read French language paragraphs at the appropriate level for the grade.
- Read French content in orally with correct pronouciation and grammer
- Complete and construct sentences and content in the French Language
- The student will create original French Language Arts content and works of expression.
- The student will receive feedback and the opportunity to revise and improve their expression.
Delivery and SupportStudents will learn through a custom interface in Rosetta Stone and interact with the teacher in Moodle as well as through the Rosetta Stone reporting features. Rosetta Stone will allow the teacher to track the details of progress and diagnose issues for feedback. The student will demonstrate learning in Rosetta Stone through the Moodle Interface under the guidance of the teacher who interacts regularly with the student to monitor progress and supply curricular feedback.
Assessment in the course is based on self reported mastery learning in Rosetta Stone as verified throught the Rosetta Stone Administrative Interace, assignments uploaded into Moodle, oral speech recorded by Moodle. There is a capstone project in which students demonstrate performance in relation to the required learning outcomes for British Columbia. This course is also understood to be particularly vigorous in the oral language.
French Culture Assignments: 20%
French Language: Aquiring Information: 30%
French Language: Communicating: 30%
French Language: Creative Works: 20%